Stumbled upon this great artist on Etsy that makes the most fun little series of prints that address all the things our parents told us a million times (and, now that I am a parent, I say myself!) I love these because it makes light of all the words we use as parents. Lately I have been feeling like my words mean nothing to Lilah. However, tonight we had a breakthru moment: we were playing on the floor and she somehow found the TV remote (for like the millionth time) and I immediately said, “No, no Lilah, give it to Mommy” and she toddled over to me and stuck out her pudgy little hand that clenched the remote! So there it was, she listened 🙂
Couple other things.
1. I’m a single mom this week, for eleven days to be exact. My husband went on a marathon fishing trip and won’t be back until next sunday! (Hmmm. probably not the safest info to be put on the internet, huh?)
2. I am a pink, single mom this week. Went to the community pool yesterday with a friend and my brother and the kiddos and came back lobster-like. Makes me feel like I am young again! Why young? Cause I used to be able to fry my skin playing in the water at the lake/pool and never think twice about it. Now, we’re always trying to prevent getting too much sun, which is healthy and makes sense, but just doesn’t feel as good.
3. Brady took my camera to Canada on his fishing trip. Seriously, who in their right mind would want to miss eleven days of Lilah pictures just so they can take photo after photo of grown men holding up squirmy, slimy fish? Anyways, no new photos for a while – especially bummed that there are no photos from our day at the pool 🙁
4. Went to the Prairie Quilt Guild Quilt show this weekend and had a GREAT time. Incredibly inspiring and very beautiful artwork on display. Makes me wish I had more time to quilt…
5. Lilah has a new boyfriend. His name is Blankie. He is brown and she is in LOVE.
6. Some big changes coming my way soon with my career. Don’t have all the details worked out yet, but should be all in good directions… very excited and ready for a change in our family lifestye.
Ok, I leave you with some summer photos of my girl. We’re loving the sun and enjoying being one-year-old more and more every day!